Monday 19 January 2015

Vision Board

So, for the last 4 months, I've been completely into being a momma. My world revolves around my adorable girl and every day is focused on her. I want to give sweet Julia all my time, but I want to make time for other things in my life that are important like my marriage, relationships with others, personal goals.

I was on FaceTime with my momma the other day and she mentioned that she was doing a vision board and I thought, What a great idea! I had been thinking about how I wanted to grow mentally to become a stronger mind who focuses on goals and enjoys the process. Speaking to my hubby about it (who's career focuses on improving the mind to aid performance), we decided that we would make our individual vision boards and share with each other.

THEN, as convenient as it sounds, my awesome cousin posted a podcast with her hubby about determining your family values. We both listened to it and decided it was a great exercise to participate in. We are going to adapt it to create a family vision board to go alongside our individual ones. You can find this great podcast here.

Now to the point. I want to share my vision board with all of you! I want people to know about my goals and what I'm focusing on. Some things are personal so I've opted to leave them out, but you can have just a sneak peak into my plans for the year ahead:

A Canadian flag. Our close friends and family know that we have been in the process of moving back to Canada for just under  a year. We are still waiting for Hubby's Permanent Residence visa to come through, but we know it's being processed now. We have paid the final fee and sent in the last documents, so moving to Canada could happen any day (week, month) now!

Strong Family Bond: Having Julia has made me really think about how bonded I want our family to be. An ever-ongoing endeavour, our family unit will be grounded, strong and dependable.

Eat Real Food: As most of you know,  I ate non-processed foods prior to getting pregnant, but have been struggling since having Julia due to my baby-led days. I know, no excuses! Well, here we go. I will eat only real food.

Positivity: Sometimes, I catch myself being too critical or too hard on myself. I aim to find a positive in every situation to not only be a better example for Julia, but to also improve my mental clarity and happiness.

Yoga: I was very into yoga pre-baby and I have just gotten back into it. It feels great! The best part is that this yoga class allows babies, so Julia gets to come along and meet other babies! I aim to take yoga more seriously so that I can improve my practice. Thoughts have already entered my mind on whether I want to train as a yoga teacher by the end of the year...


I've left out the one about my marriage. I am very happily married, but having a baby shifts your focus. Both hubby and I have decided to make time for each other, but our marriage goals remain private.

Julia is being babysat by her Pops on Friday, so Hubby and I are going out to work on our family values board! Stay tuned!

Have you created a vision board or something similar?

No comments:

Post a Comment